Sunday, August 30, 2009

Into Jakarta

Just a quick update to everyone out there. All the flights went really well: I had extra unused seats next to me on my flights to and from Hong Kong. Once I got into Signapore I met up with the other 31 ETAs. Eventually we got to our hotel and checked in around 1am lcoal time. Rather than sleeping, most people walked around the hotel area. A group then went downtown, but I stayed with another group and we ended up hanging out on top of the hotel drinking and talking (after watching the Aresenal vs. Man U game in a local bar; it was surprisingly full).
I ended up getting about 2.5 hrs of sleep that morning (with about 5 hours of sleep on my flights, meaning right now I'm pretty out of it) before waking up for a really nice breakfast buffet and taking off for the airport. Once we got to the airport it didn't look too good for our bags being with us, but in the end we survived a bumpy take off and got into Jakarta with everyone's bags.
Right now we're moved into our hotel, and we'll be in Jakarta through Friday for various bureaucracy things. Alright, I'm gonna have to call that good enough because my brain is absolutely gone right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment