Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Location in Indonesia

I just found out today that I will be an assistant at an Islamic boarding school (i.e. a Pesantren) called Al Urwatul Sidrap in South Sulawesi province. The school has apparently never had a Fulbright ETA before, but that's about the only potential negative to the assignment. I was intrigued by Sulawesi because of a video I saw talking about it's unique animal life, and it's also pretty close to Papua which I've always wanted to go to. I figure I'm at a Pesantren because I talked about my interest in learning more about Islam in my grant.
I'm the only Fulbright ETA in South Sulawesi, but there are 5 or 6 more ETA's on Sulawesi in various locations. I haven't figured out what city the school is in yet. I also have several former ETAs to email along with this years ETAs. I also got a mailing from the US branch of the Fulbright today.
On the Brazil front, I have everything packed up and am pretty much ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment