Monday, May 25, 2009

Ready (?) for Brazil

Brazil is only a few days away now, and I can hardly believe it! Since I posted last I finished my last semester at UR (much easier, and very successful), then went to Myrtle Beach and had a great week with my friends (my few pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2067457&id=15804233&l=9c9b2ec2f2) before returning for graduation. The grad weekend was amazing; certainly one I will remember for a very long time (and for all good reasons!).
After getting that important piece of paper I had about a week to kill before my science meeting in Philadelphia. I spent that time vi sting Danka and her hometown, Baton Rouge. That was a perfect break, I got to see where Danka is from and her dad took us fishing. Everything went great until I tried to fly out of Baton Rouge Sunday morning. I ended up being on three different flights out of BR that morning, but I finally got to Philly late that night. I then spent Monday at the ASM meeting, but also had time to check out Philadelphia and some of its history (Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, etc, Pics: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2067460&id=15804233&l=522122f205). I then flew out Tuesday evening after presenting my poster (a few potential follow up ideas from at least one big name (too me anyways) and hopefully a collaborator that will make this into a much bigger paper).
I've been home now just short of a week, and have managed to catch up with pretty much all of the family and friends not to mention unpacking all my junk! now I have a few more days to mostly get myself prepared for Brazil. I leave Thursday morning and have about 18 hours of travel putting me into Belo Horizonte early Friday morning.
Next time I post I'll be in Brazil!

No comments:

Post a Comment