Friday, July 17, 2009

Conhecendo Inhotim

I've just posted a new photo album of our lab trip to Inhotim http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2070583&id=15804233&l=f951501462. Inhotim is quite an amazing experience. Located about an hour or a little more south of Belo Horizonte, it is technically a modern art museum in the middle of botanical gardens, but that really doesn't do either the justice they deserve. The place, designed by the fairly famous Burle Marx, is a location that you really need to visit to understand. It's also a place that can be visited and enjoyed several times over.
I had wanted to see Inhotim, but Santuza decided that we should all go down as a lab field trip of sorts. It was a lot more fun to go down with all my friends from here. We rented a bus and had them drive us down for the day. It was nice to be able to spend a whole day out of the lab with the people I've met here (though not everyone could make it, as the lab has been hit hard with a flu bug, including me. They're sure, with how much seriousness I don't know, that it's 'piggie flu').
I was just telling mom the other day that Brazil is a fantastic place, and somewhere that I strongly recommend for everyone to visit (even more than Australia, I think); I think a big reason for why I've enjoyed it so much and why everyone would is the people. They are simply fantastically nice! That combined with the stunning diversity, both in people, sights, cuisine, everything (!), makes this a fantastic destination.
Ok, off my 'visit Brazil' soap box.

Other news: I've also been posting more pictures on my original photo album http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2067824&id=15804233&l=1acdb39135, so check that out too!
But the biggest news is that I have my visa to Indonesia; it was less than a week turn around from my mailing everything in to having it returned. That's far and away the fastest I've seen anything happen here in Brazil!
Unfortunately, the science is not going all that great, but it is what it is, and I only have 3 more weeks after today. Wow the time has flown by! I'll be leaving in 4 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment